In this article I will guide you through the steps of how to use a Keurig Mini.
For this guide I got my hands on a Keurig K-mini and went through the steps of unboxing and setting up the machine.
Keep reading to learn all the steps you need to know for setting up and operating the Keurig Mini Coffee Maker.
Check out my list of Best Coffee Maker Under 100 For This Year
Some Good To Know Facts Before Buying The Keurig K-Mini
The first step is obviously buying the Keurig K-Mini coffee maker itself.
So I just want to touch really quickly on a few features that are nice to know when buying your K-Mini:
- The Keurig K-mini is compatible with all regular sized K-pods.
- Keurig offers a one-year warranty so make sure to register for that when buying the machine.
- You have 6 colors to choose from at the moment including pink, green and blue.
Unboxing and setting up the Keurig Mini
Clean And Check For Damage
As for most kitchen whear you want to give the K-Mini a quick clean after unboxing it. A quick dust off should do the trick.
Before plugging it in I would suggest just checking for any visible scratches or cracks. Since you do get a one year warranty you want to notice any defects right away so that you can get it fixed right away.
Finding A Good Spot
Next you want to find a good spot on your counter so that you have easy access to an outlet.
When choosing your spot you also want to avoid putting it under cupboards since the steam from brewing could damage them over time.
Also make sure that you have easy access for refilling your water reservoir. You’ll be doing that a lot.
Now that you have done this let’s get into how to use your keurig mini coffee maker.
How To Operate The Keurig Mini Coffee Maker
Start by pressing the Power On button on the right hand side.
Using The Water Tank
Using the Keuring Single Cup water tank is simple. Just fill up the cup you want to use with water and pour it into the water reservoir. (Max 10oz)
Only use tap or mineral water. Using distilled water or any other liquid can damage your Keurig machine.
Running Your Cleansing Brew – The Quick Version
This isn’t only for when you set up your machine. In fact Keurig recommends doing this every 4 weeks.
Here’s how you do it.
- Power up your Keurig K-mini or mini plus
- Fill the water tank with 10 oz water
- Lift the lid up and then press it down without inserting a K-cup
- Start a brew
For a more in depth cleaning guide go to the CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS.
How To Brew Coffee Using The Keurig K-Mini
Here is a quick rundown of the steps you need to follow to make a perfect cup of coffee using your Keurig single brew coffee maker.
Keurig K-Mini Cleaning and Descaling Guide
Now that we know how to use the keurig K-mini, let’s talk a bit about how to take care of it.
In this guide, we’ll cover the Keurig K-mini troubleshooting, cleaning, and descaling process.
All you need to know to get the most out of your K-mini.
How Often to Clean and Descale a Keurig Mini
If you use your coffee maker daily, promptly wipe away spills with a wet towel and clean components like the drip tray and K-cup holder at least once a month.
The water filter cartridge should be changed every three to six months, and the coffee maker should be descaled every three to six months.
Keurig Mini Cleaning Instructions
Here is a quick guide on how to clean the Keurig coffee maker mini.
Keurig Mini Descaling Instructions
Here is a quick guide on how to descale your Keurig K-Mini.
Tips to Keep Your Keurig Mini Clean Longer
- If you live in a hard-water area, use bottled water in the coffee maker.
- If you will not be using the machine for several days, empty the reservoir and leave the lid open to prevent moisture trapping.
Now you know everything you need to know about the Keurig K-mini single serve.
With these simple steps, using your Keurig K-mini will become second nature.
Descaling and cleaning will also become a breeze after just a few tries.
Regular maintenance ensures that your coffee tastes great and that your machine lasts longer.
Where To Buy A Keurig K-Mini or Mini Plus
How do you make coffee in a Keurig Mini Plus?
- Plug in the Coffee Maker: Press the power button to turn it on.
- Add Water: Fill a mug with the desired amount of water (6 oz minimum, 12 oz maximum) and pour it into the reservoir.
- Insert a K-Cup Pod: Lift the handle, place a K-Cup pod in the holder, and lower the handle completely.
- Press the Brew Button: The brew indicator light will flash, then illuminate solidly as the coffee maker heats. After about 2 minutes, the beverage will begin to dispense.
- Enjoy Your Coffee: Once the brew indicator light is no longer illuminated, your coffee is ready.
Check out the slighty more comprehensive guide here!
How do I use my K-cup on my Keurig K Mini?
Follow the same steps as above for making coffee.
Make sure to place the K-Cup pod in the holder with the foil lid facing up. Do not remove the foil lid.
How do I use my Keurig Mini for hot water?
- Add Water: Fill a mug with 8 oz of water and pour it into the reservoir.
- Lift and Lower the Handle: Do this without inserting a K-Cup pod.
- Press the Brew Button: The brew indicator light will flash, then illuminate solidly as the coffee maker heats. After about 2 minutes, hot water will dispense into your mug.
- Pour the Hot Water: Use the hot water as needed.
Can I use my own coffee in a mini Keurig?
Yes you can! If you want to use your own coffee, you may find reusable K-Cup filters that are compatible with the Keurig Mini.
Fill the reusable filter with your favorite ground coffee and follow the regular brewing process.
Can you use any coffee pod with Keurig Mini?
No you need coffee pods that are compatible with Keurig. The Keurig Mini is designed to work with Keurig K-Cup brand pods.
While some non-Keurig brand pods may fit, using them may affect the performance of the coffee maker and could void the warranty.
It’s best to use Keurig-approved K-Cup pods to ensure proper functioning.